
MATERNAL LOVE
In the quiet of my mind
all words, thoughts, spoken or not,
seem to fall around me like whipsers unheard.
Salt stained tears of wonder descend
into waters, like those that held him suspended inside me.
He is me
half me
by some miraculous phenomenon of nature.
Love rains from heaven on this most sanctified and holy of places,
a realm for only the brave.
As he passed into this world my heart left me
and is carried by him.
Like flint and flame an ignited need to protect
and nurture fills me as winds of autumn and change.
My hand reaches out in the dark
to touch the small bundle of wrapped dreams.
Eager fingers seek the rise and fall of his chest.
Humbled again by intuition and impulse I consider lying back
but my fingers are not satisfied.
My arms are aching with emptiness and
I scoop up my dreams and promises
in this form of swaddled miniatures--
feet, bottom, hands and exquisitely formed ears.
Leaning in close and gentle, not to disrupt his slumber
I inhale deeply.
His breath smells the sweetness of warmth and fragility.
And I know in this instant I would die for this.
For him, for this moment.
Just to touch and hold and smell.
He is my world
And I am his.
I would kill for him--
the woman who transports insects outside--yes, even spiders,
because I can not be guilted by their demise--
I would kill for this,
to protect, to sheild to enfold
an instant, a lifetime, a glimpse of forever
I am his
and he is mine.
It is all for the best
I cannot move past this heartache
This pain in my chest
Those days were surreal
Did this truly just occur
Happiness turned to sorrow
My life now a blur
This is natural, they say
I knew I was going to lose you
The most difficult emotion
There was nothing I could do
I am given no explanation
This is natural, they say
Were you pink or were you blue
My complexion is now grey
Trying to move on
A forward step everyday
I will always remember you
This is natural, they say
Though it's been years now
since you were taken away,
the memories are still strong
and I wish you were here today.
I can't see nor touch you
so I know you're not here
but I've still got the past
and in my heart you're still near.
I used to wake up at night
screaming aloud and calling your name,
I must of needed someone
‘cause of all my hurt and fear.
If I could see you one last time
you know what I would do-
Release all my emotions
and say mom, I LOVE YOU!!!
Ah, Nicaragua
O, Nicaragua
O, Nicaragua
Jij bent mijn man
Van een vrouw is je naam!
Ik hou van je.
Ik hou van je uitgestrektheid van woud,
vallei en bergen.
Ik hou van je warmte en hoe je de zon op je wegen weerkaatst.
Ik hou van je enorme borst, groen en stevig
Waar ik het magma en de vulkanen hoor bulderen.
Ik hou van de razernij die je hemel uitademt
Als het regent en het kletsnat wordt.
Ik hou van die wijze waarop je me hebt bezeten,
Me vulde met gras, pijn en gelach
Van top tot teen.
Ik ben verliefd op je,
Hopeloos verliefd
En als ik je heb verlaten, is dat niet voor lang,
niet om de vijlen en ketenen te vergeten,
niet om te vergeten wat niet vergeten mag worden.
Ik ben met je, mijn Nicaragua
…..mijn man
…..van een vrouw is je naam!
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten